Tuesday, November 8, 2016

New Release Review ~ Trust ~ Jana Aston

Trust (Wrong, #3)Trust by Jana Aston
Wrong #3
Release Date: November 8, 2016
Genre: Adult, Contemporary Romance, Romantic Comedy
Source: I received an ARC from the author but also purchased my own copy on Kindle
Rating: 5 Bookworms
Challenges: #2016NewRelease, #TravelingtoTerminus
Goodreads ~ Amazon

Synopsis
"Knock knock!"
"Um... Who's there?"

Yeah. That was me, on my last date. Before you feel sorry for me you should know that I was the one telling the jokes. Jokes as in plural, because I didn't stop with just one. Of course not.

Hi, I'm Chloe Scott. The most awkward single girl in the city.
But I'm going to get it together. I am.

I'm going to learn how to date like a grown up.
I'm going to have an orgasm not given to myself.
I'm going to fall in love and live happily ever after.

Right after I get out of this interrogation room.




I have adored every moment I've spent in the world Aston created in the Wrong series. These characters - I feel like they're my all my friends. But Chloe and Boyd - these two characters and their story will forever hold a special place in my heart.

We met Chloe and Boyd in the previous installments but spent little time with them. I knew enough about Chloe to like her but I had no idea I'd relate to her on such a personal level. And Boyd, well, I knew he was an upstanding guy. I mean, he's an FBI agent and he took the time to build a relationship with his half sister, Sophie. But the patience (saintly patience) and creativity he showed with Chloe was heartwarming.
trustnoun1. firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something
I think trust is something we sort of take for granted but its an integral part of any relationship. And it's an element Chloe has a hard time granting - especially with a relationship that might turn intimate. She gets very anxious in new social situations - and starts telling ridiculous jokes. And she thinks something's wrong with her - that's she's not normal.

Boyd knows he's attracted to her and that he'd like to get to know her better from their first meeting in an interrogation room. After crashing one of her dates, he realizes he'll have to tread carefully and creatively to get to where he wants to be with Chloe. Being witness to his gameplan, watching it unfold, was so much fun. And I fell just as hard for him as Chloe did.

Aston really outdid herself with Trust, incorporating her comedic talents while digging deeper and dealing with something that afflicts many people - social anxiety. As a person who suffers from it, although not to an extreme degree, she nailed it.

I'm kinda sad to say goodbye to these characters. But I'm also extremely eager to see what Aston comes up with next. I have complete and total trust whatever it is, it'll be golden!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??