Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Brandee's Bookish Babble #21 ~ So You Have Swag, Now What?


Welcome to Brandee's Bookish Babble. There are many, many similar posts to this one - but basically I wanted a place to discuss bookish and/or blogging stuff and I needed a title. :) So this is my new discussion feature.


***

As y'all know, I've been to a few book conventions and author signings over the past several years. I have *tons* of swag. And I was trying to figure out what to do with this ton of swag, other than giving it away. ;) Here are a few ways I created to showcase and/or use my swag...


I've collected many pins at the various book events I've attended. I love them! They make me smile or laugh out loud and I wanted a way to show them off while also seeing them daily so I could smile and or laugh. Pinning them to ribbon and then hanging them on my bookshelves worked great for me.



I have some extra space on my shelves (right now anyway) which I decided to use for miscellaneous swag like bracelets, water bottles, and my signed ereader covers.



I believe I've said that I collect bookmarks. I not only collect them on my travels, I also collect them at book conventions/author events. I used to know someone who hand-made baskets, so that's where the basket came from. I use it to contain some of my many, many bookmarks. It's sitting in the window sill in front of my desk in my library.




For events where I got to meet some of my favorite authors, and collect their swag, I decided to create a Book Convention/Author Event scrapbook. This was I could showcase the swag along with photos of me with those authors. Here's an example page from my trip to Queen City Indie Con, where I dragged Denise and we both got to meet Robin Peterman, Wendy Owens, and Aleatha Romig! :D




***

I hope these ideas will be inspirational or even spark more ideas for creative uses for the swag y'all might be collecting. If y'all have unique ways of showcasing your swag, let me know! I'm always looking for a new way to use my swag. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??