Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Books & Crafts #3 ~ #BookBlogger #CraftCircle



Welcome to Books & Crafts, a craft circle composed of book bloggers, a sporadic meme where we share our other creative pursuits aside from reading and blogging. Everyone is welcome to join, just add yout tag/label links below and you're good to go!


***

I thought I'd share a pretty yet utilitarian craft this month. I made these decorated lunch pails using lunch pails (of course ;) that I got at either Michael's or Hobby Lobby, paper, ribbon, ModPodge, and embellishments. 

I cut the paper to size, typically using 2 different patterns for the 'body' and a coordinating pattern for the top, inside the top, and on the bottom of the pail. The paper doesn't always make it all the way around the pail, so I use 2 pieces per pattern and put the seam on the side. I cut out a place for the latch in front and on the top, I cut out around the handle parts and have a seam in between them. I use ModPodge and a 1 inch foam brush to adhere the paper to the pail. (I use the glossy kind but you can use matte if you prefer.) Once that is dry, I put a ribbon around the middle to cover the seam between the paper. I also tie ribbons on the handles. And lastly, I adhere an embellishment of some sort. Here's how it turns out:






I mentioned they're not only pretty but also utilitarian...I use them to store bookmarks I've made, like the one below, as well as for cards I've made.




Do you craft too? Wanna get in on the fun? Just add your link below. And don't forget to check out the other hosts' crafts! :D
(I had problems with the linky - I've included it below. BUT if it doesn't appear correctly or doesn't work, head over to Talk Supe and link up there. Thanks!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??