Tuesday, June 24, 2014

**Teaser Tuesday ~ #24**

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

***

Come to Me Softly by A.L. Jackson
#2 
Release Date: June 24, 2014

A second chance at life...
A second chance at love...

Jared Holt never thought he deserved either—until he found both in the arms of Aly Moore. Aly has loved Jared for as long as she can remember, and she’s more than ready for the future they’re making together. But Jared can’t help remembering his own family. And he’ll never forgive himself for what happened to them. How can he allow himself the very happiness he once destroyed?

To live a life worthy of Aly, Jared knows he has to stop running and finally put his past to rest. But when he decides to face his demons head on, he encounters more than he bargained for: a
dangerous mix of jealousy, lies, and dishonest intentions. When those intentions threaten Aly, Jared loses all control, giving into the rage that earned him his bad boy reputation years before. And he’ll fight to protect her no matter what it costs...even if he destroys himself in the process.

**Teaser**

"I always thought I'd be her ruin. But right then, I was pretty sure she'd be mine. My faultless demise. Because I'd suffer for her. Bear all her burden and her blame. Would gladly die for her.

The most terrifying part of it all was that I was willing to live for her."

7 comments:

  1. This cover for some reason reminds me of J Kenner cover, just the colours * goes cross eyed * Great fun way to show a teaser :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite an intense tease, Brandee. Nice pick.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Enjoy the rest of your week :)

    My Tease @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOh nice tease! Totally new to me book!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was intense! I'm extremely curious about this series, I really feel like I should pick book one as soon as I get the chance...

    Thanks for sharing, Brandee and here's my TT :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy crap on toast that is one emotionally intense teaser you have there. I LOVE IT! I haven't read the first one in this series although I believe it's on my tbr pile. Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful teaser! I can't wait to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Another one for me to add to the TBR!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??