Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Review ~ End of the Innocence ~ Alessandra Torre #ShelfLove

End of the Innocence (Innocence, #3)End of the Innocence by Alessandra Torre
Innocence #3
Release Date: March 23, 2014
Genre: Adult, Contemporary Romance, Erotic Romance
Source: Purchased on Kindle
Rating: 4 Bookworms
Challenges#ShelfLove
Goodreads

Synopsis
He thought I owned him. He thought he loved me, that I was enough. But this animal, this sex god who could drive me crazy and steal my heart in the same breath, he would never full be mine. It was impossible. No one ever owned a God...

One year. I have one year to find out more about this man I am marrying. More about his family. More about our sex, and all of the dirty, delicious places it will take me.

I thought I'd spend this year making a decision. I never thought the decision would be taken from me, snatched right from my naive little hands.



This final installment was more fluid and had far fewer editing issues. The tone changed once again, with comic relief via Julia's dialog. There is much going on, the suspense amp'd up...it was an exciting ending!

End of the Innocence saw Julia and Brad counting down - towards Julia's graduation, towards the future, and towards possible repercussions at the path they've chosen for their future. There is further exploration of Julia's sexuality, the doors open for she and Brad. And Brad shows incredible emotional growth and maturity when he closes a door on his past.

The suspense element had me tied in knots. It was well done. However, the outcome felt downplayed and the dropped. Again, I felt more could have been done here, creating a more profound impact. There were other plot threads that I felt were left dangling. It didn't impact the story to leave them hanging, I'd just have liked to have them tied up. Perhaps that's my OCD.

In the end, I found this trilogy entertaining and it renewed my interest in Torre's writing. It says something that I could binge on this trilogy, not tiring of being in this world with these characters. I'm eager to read more from Torre - and luckily, I already own several! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??