Thursday, March 30, 2017

2017 #BookishResolutions Challenge Update ~ March


I'm once again participating in the Bookish Resolutions Challenge. This challenge is hosted by Michelle @Because Reading and Laura @ Trips Down Imagination RoadFor complete details and to sign up, click the graphic above or here



**MY GOALS FOR 2017**

I've been moderately successful with the challenge the past 2 years but I think I've come up with some tweaks so that I'll be even more so in 2017. Mostly I'm making my goals more specific and therefore more quantifiable. :)
  • Blogging Goals
    • Comment back THREE times a week
    • Visit TEN blogs a day
    • Interact with 3 blog Facebook pages a day
    • Link up my challenge posts on the last day of each month (or last day of month quarterly for those updating quarterly)
    • Keep track of my progress on my calendar
  • Reading Goals
    • NO BOOK BUYING without a gift card (that was gifted!)
    • Read TWO Netgalley reads per month
    • Read (at least) TWO books I already own per month
    • Read ONE book from a series I'm behind in per month
    • Listen to TWO review books per month
    • Read books my kids *need* me to read
      • Born to Run (Jax)
      • Death with Interruptions (Jax)
      • Everything is Illuminated (Sky)
      • The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Jax)
      • School of Good and Evil (Berk)
      • The Book Thief (Sky)
      • The Lightning Thief (Berk)
    • Keep track of my progress on my calendar and in my book journal
  • Personal Goals
    • Exercise FIVE days a week
    • Keep a food/exercise journal
    • Spend an hour daily writing/editing
    • Clean up my Goodreads Shelves!
    • Spend ONE day a month on a different hobby - paper crafting or knitting
    • Keep track of my progress with writing/editing and crafting on my calendar


***Update***


  • Blogging Goals
    I've done okay with my blogging goals this month. I've kept up with commenting back and that makes me incredibly happy! I have *not* done well with visiting 10 blogs a day but y'all, March has been hard. I had Sky home and my mother-in-law visiting, James was home some, and this week Berk & Jax are home. They're all messing with my schedule. LOL But seriously, y'all know my family comes first so... I'm working at catching up though. If I haven't comment bombed you yet, your time is coming. You've been warned. ;)  I also failed at interacting on Facebook, obviously. I did keep up with linking reviews for challenges as well as keeping track of things in my planner. So I think that means I'm batting .500.
  • Reading Goals
    Woot! THREE MONTHS and I haven't one-clicked a book! I did, of course, add a few *freebies* to my library but I've really been selective, only choosing those books and/or authors I've wanted to read for awhile. I also read (am reading) four more Netgalley reads this month, Dare You To by Katie McGarry, Cupcakes and Ink by Helena Hunting, Ten Reasons to Stay by Sabrina Jeffries, and I'm almost done with Mystery Man by Kristen Ashley. I read a book from a series I am behind in - My TBR read for March, Crash into You by Katie McGarry. I have to say I'm loving using series I'm behind in for my TBR picks. :) I managed to complete four audio review books and am working on a fifth, so I crushed this goal. (It's amazing how much listening you can do while running errands, cleaning, and cooking! ;) I finished Shifting Gears by Riley Hart, and Your Irresistible LoveYour Captivating LoveYour Forever Love, and I'm almost finished with Your Inescapable Love by Layla Hagen - yep, I'm binging on this series.) I started reading Born to Run from Jax's request list. Yay me! And I'm continuing to use my planner to keep track of these goals and it makes it easier to see what I have on tap. Again, overall I ROCKED March reading-wise.
  • Personal Goals
    I'm continuing to do well with some of my personal goals. I've managed to exercise at least 5 days a week and I'm using my fitbit to keep track of food and exercise. That's enormously helpful since it's essentially done for me. I do add in my food during the day to keep track of calories. And I'm rather proud to say I've lost almost 12.4 pounds! I did spend some more time working at cleaning up my Goodreads shelves, but not enough. I did make some strides in writing/editing - setting a goal for myself has helped. Writing does take time away from blogging but if I want to finish my book, things have to be shifted. I also spent some time knitting this month - working on a project that's been getting the best of me but I think I've finally figured it out now. Woohoo!  

So that's my update. How are y'all doing with your challenges?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??