Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Brandee's Bookish Babble #16 ~ Me & Facebook


Welcome to Brandee's Bookish Babble. There are many, many similar posts to this one - but basically I wanted a place to discuss bookish and/or blogging stuff and I needed a title. :) I hope you enjoy!


***

How many of you have Facebook pages? And I'm speaking specifically to pages for your blog. Do y'all use it? How do you use it? Why do you use it? And how many people are seeing it? Do you work at it? 

For me, Facebook is one of the banes of my existence. I started a Facebook page for my blog at a fellow blogger's recommendation. I wasn't, and still am not, a frequent Facebook user. It kinda scares me, I'm technologically challenged when it comes to Facebook, and, well, I'm not always confident in anyone being interested in what I post about - blog-wise or personally. But I created a page for my blog because "that's what you should do." 

Over the past 3 years (that's how long my page has existed) I've gained 'likes' and followers. But again, I'm not good at posting and since I'm not involved in things that would post for me, my page would sit idle for weeks at a time. When I did post, it seemed no one saw them. I'd occasionally have giveaways, and *still* my views didn't increase. In the last year, I realized I could post about your blog posts from your blogs. (technologically challenged, remember?) That's been a way to not only do a little towards promoting y'all but to also keep my page active. However, I cannot understand how Facebook works. I mean, I currently have some 1500 Likes on my page yet there are posts that receive hundreds of views and posts that receive 3. Do y'all understand how Facebook works? (by the way, I understand that Facebook wants me to pay to 'boost' my views but as I'm not a business, despite the fact they seem to see me as such, I'm not going to pay)

So I'm really curious about if y'all have Facebook pages and how you use them. And whether or not having one is really worth the time? I mean, posting from your blogs doesn't take that much time and I really *do* like having a way to promote y'all, but is there a better way?

Thoughts? Opinions? Advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??