Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Books & Crafts #2 ~ #BookBlogger #CraftCircle



Welcome to Books & Crafts, a craft circle composed of book bloggers, a sporadic meme where we share our other creative pursuits aside from reading and blogging. Everyone is welcome to join, just add yout tag/label links below and you're good to go!


***

I'd originally planned to share something else this month but my anniversary was last week and I really like the card I made for Hubs, so I decided to share it instead. ;)




I started with an 8.5x11 piece of paper and cut it in half. Then I used a bone folder to crease the paper to create the fold. I used some paper scraps, in a pattern I adore, for the stripes at the bottom. I also used buttons - the big ones already had adhesive on the backs but for the smaller ones, I used foam adhesive so they'd 'pop' from the page. Then I picked a paper scrap in a coordinating color for the writing, and using my Big Shot and Script alphabet, I cut the letters for the words. Voila! A cute card that Hubs appreciated. :D

As an aside, if y'all have been following me, I recently quoted Rock Chick Redemption in a Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts post, where Hank took Roxie to the Buckhorn Exchange for dinner. Hubs and I went there for dinner on our anniversary. :) I didn't have alligator, but not because I think they're cute. I *did* have a delicious steak dinner though and the ambiance just can't be beat in Denver's oldest restaurant. Here are a few photos from inside...







Do you craft too? Wanna get in on the fun? Just add your link below. And don't forget to check out the other hosts' crafts! :D
(I had problems with the linky - I've included it below. BUT if it doesn't appear correctly or doesn't work, head over to Talk Supe and link up there. Thanks!)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??