Monday, May 25, 2015

Review ~ With Visions of Red ~ Trisha Wolfe

With Visions of RedWith Visions of Red
Broken Bonds #1
Release Date: May 7, 2015
Genre: Adult, Romantic Suspense, Erotic Romance
Source: Purchased on Kindle from Amazon
Rating: 4.5 Bookworms
Goodreads

Synopsis
Criminal profiler Sadie Bonds knows blood. Her affair with the gruesome, dark world of killers began long before she started applying her analytical skills to investigate gory crime scenes. She gets inside the killers' heads, breaks them down, relates to them on an arcane level. She prefers it this way--because it's safer to ally herself with the villain than the victim. At least, that's how she's coped ever since she was abducted and tortured as a teen.

She will never be a victim again.

Now, she's honed her skills in order to bring justice to these ritualistic offenders. Working alongside her colleagues, armed with sharp wit and a SIG, Sadie always catches her sadist. Until one ruthless serial killer gets inside Sadie's head, turning the tables. He knows her secrets. Her obsessions. The darkest, most deviant part of her soul.

When she meets Colton Reed, dangerous stakes are raised as he threatens to unravel her control and reveal her darkest fantasies. The sexy-as-sin bondage rigger at an exclusive BDSM club pushes her boundaries, forcing her to acknowledge that side of herself she fears. Plunged into a realm of torture and suffering, pain and pleasure, Sadie balances on the razor-sharp edge of two intersecting worlds threatening to swallow her.

Passion and lust ignite. Dark and light battle. This explosive first installment of the Broken Bonds series sets the exhilarating pace for a cat and mouse game where no one knows who's really pulling the strings.



I knew Trisha Wolfe could do dark and gritty - but she took it to a whole new level in With Visions of Red.

I think I'd compare With Visions of Red to Silence of the Lambs - if Hannibal Lector had been into medieval torture and killing rather than cannibalism and Agent Starling had spent time in captivity and subjected to kink.

Sadie Bonds is a criminal profiler, a profession she has a personal connection with. Her latest case - that of a possible serial killer - is pushing her buttons. And that's how she find herself face-to-face with Colton Reed.

Colton is rather enigmatic. He works in a BDSM club as shibari expert. He has set his sights on Sadie. As he gets her to open up, they forge a tenuous bond. A bond that is tested by Sadie's latest case.

Wolfe deftly set the stage with vivid and graphic descriptions of crime scenes and details of a police procedural. Then she weaves in these compelling characters with dark pasts. The profiler element fascinated me. Getting into a killer's head, having the scenes tied to medieval history...well, it was quite a combination. The personal ties between Sadie and the crimes as well as the mysterious nature of Colton had me gripping my kindle and flipping through the pages. To say I'm eager for the next installment would be an understatement. I'm almost quivering in excitement, and maybe a little apprehension, over what comes next for Sadie, the UNSUB, and Colton.



7 comments:

  1. Yes, it was a whole new level of dark, but I loved it as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review, Brandee, but I'm not sure this one is for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Second review on this book that I have read in the last ten minutes. Everyone seems to like it-I do like profiler type books but other aspects of this book-I don't think would be something I would like. Just not sure. I am glad you loved it though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I like dark and gritty reads, so of course I'm curious about this one. Your comparison with Silence of the Lambs then got me particularly intrigued . . . Sounds like the whole package did the right trick for you, I'm glad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every single review of this one has been a glowing one! I guess I have to try it, there doesn't seem to be any way around it :) Excellent review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I am glad you were as excited as me over this one! I thought it was a thrilling read and I have so many predictions! I hope she gets us the next book soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks really interesting. I'm a huge fan of dark erotica romance, when done well. I'm adding to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??