Sunday, September 28, 2014

**Sidekick Showcase ~ #53**



Sidekick Showcase (previously known as Sidekick Saturday) is NOW a monthly bookish meme, hosted by Jaclyn at JC's Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn't have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fits in this week's type

• Share a picture (if possible) and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don't include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• Put your link in the Linky thing and comment


**********************************

September's themes are Best Friend, Fun, Ball of Energy, Humorous

Sidekick Showcase is now a monthly meme. I'm coming in just under the wire, huh? :)

My pick this month:
Andrea Nash

from Ilona Andrews' Kate Daniels Series

Andrea is Kate's kickass best friend who can, well...kick some ass. Her favorite weapon is a gun, and Andrea never misses her shot. Despite being a beastkin, she works for the Order of Merciful Aid. Andrea has the way about her that makes everyone want to spill their life's story. She beautiful but doesn't think so. And she's funny...oh my goodness is she funny. :)

***

"You're touching me," I chided him. 
He caressed my back, sliding his hand down, hitting every sensitive point I hadn't even known I had.
"No, this is touching you. That was just accidental contact."
"Oh? Good to know. If you touch me again and I break your arm off, you can be sure it will be completely accidental."
-Andrea and Raphael, Gunmetal Magic


I have him my Order smile: sweet grin, hard eyes, reached over to my passenger seat, and pulled out my submachine gun. About twenty-sever inches long, the HK was my favorite toy for close-quarters combat. The rider's eye went wide.
"This is an HK UMP submachine guy. Renowned for its stopping power and reliability. Cyclic rate of fire: eight hundred rounds per minute. That means I can empty this thirty-round clip into you in less than three seconds. At this range, I'll cut you in half." It wasn't strictly true but it sounded good. "You see what it says on the barrel?"
On the barrel, pretty white letters spelled out PARTY STARTER.
-Andrea, Gunmetal Magic


"I was a knight," Andrea said. "I'm not just going to start shooting every dickhead who mouths off to me."
"Just making sure."
"Besides, if I shot him, I'd do it so nobody could trace it back to me. I'd shoot him somewhere remote, his head would explode like a melon, and they would never find his body. He would just vanish."
-Andrea and Kate, Magic Slays

1 comment:

  1. Oh I just love her!! She's such a badass best friend. Kate couldn't have anything less though. I love that she's not afraid to take care of those things that Kate can't or won't. Excellent choice :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??