Tuesday, September 30, 2014

**Jumble Your Genres Review ~ Exposed: Just One Night Part 2 ~ Kyra Davis**



This month's Jumble Your Genres genre was Romance. Gosh, I never read romance. ;) 


***

Exposed (Just One Night, #2)Exposed
Just One Night #2
Release Date: March 18, 2013
Genre: Adult, Contemporary Romance
Source: Purchased ecopy on Amazon
Rating: 4.5 Bookworms

Synopsis
Part 2 of the Just One Night series. One passionate night with a stranger turned Kasie's world upside down, and just when she thought she was getting the hang of things, her fiance finds out...

You should sleep with a stranger - those words whispered in her ear by her best friend became a challenge Kasie took to heart. Suddenly, the man who gave her the most shocking pleasure in that upscale Vegas hotel - a man whose name she never bothered to find out - is her company's biggest client.

As this unknown man becomes Mr. Dade at the office, and Mr. Dade becomes Robert in the bedroom, Kasie's passion won't let her deny him anything he wants. But when her fiance, Dave, finds out, there's no telling what he will do to keep her, or what Robert will do to steal her away once and for all.



I read the first installment of Just One Night a year and a half ago and it has really stuck with me. You can read my review here. All this time later, Kasie and Robert's story was still in my head. I can't believe I waited so long to continue the story. On the bright side, the entire series is now available. :)

Exposed picks up where The Stranger left off - with Kasie dealing with the consequences of her betrayal. Dave, Kasie's fiance, is determined to have her revenge - and if I hadn't already despised him, he definitely would have sealed that perception with his behavior in Exposed. Robert, of course, is set on protecting Kasie - no matter what it takes. But Kasie is strong and insists on taking care of things her way.

When Robert crosses the line and takes care of a problem, Kasie is left wondering if she traded one controlling situation for another. Of course, with Robert, she can't seem to stay away.

I enjoyed this second portion of the story every bit as much as the first. Kasie meeting Robert awakened parts of her that she didn't know were there. Although it's terrifying for her, because of her sister's descent and death, Kasie has never felt so alive. And seeing her explore these new found parts of herself was heartening. And Robert *sigh* he could make me melt. I think he's found something in Kasie he didn't realize he was looking for. All because of just one night...

5 comments:

  1. This month's challenge was almost TOO easy for you. :p I'm pleased to learn that Davis' previous book left a lasting impression on you because it can sometimes he difficult to dive back into a series when so much time has elapsed between installments. Robert sounds positively swoon-worthy Fab review my dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this one.did you gt her new one, The Affair? I hope that one is as good as this if not better

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review. I completely forgot about the challenge this month.

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you enjoyed this one... especially after the long wait. I'm going to have to check this series out.

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow girl! This sounds like one hell of an emotional ride! Having to deal with sickness and death can break the strongest person. And to see her come through too. I'd be interested to see what Robert did too!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??