Tuesday, August 19, 2014

**Teaser Tuesday ~ #32**


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

***

White Collared Part One: Mercy
White Collared Part One: Mercy by Shelly Bell

The first sexy installment in Shelly Bell's four-part serialized erotic thriller about a young law student who must go undercover at a sex club to prove her client is not guilty of murder.

Driven by ambition...
Third-year law student Kate Martin outran her tragic past to become an intern for her idol and secret crush, the powerful attorney Nicholas Trenton. She is thrilled when Nick assigns her to represent his best friend and client, millionaire Jaxon Deveroux...the prime suspect in his submissive wife Alyssa's murder.

Seduced by desire...
Kate knows they have only a few days to find the real killer, and since signs point to a member of the BDSM community, she volunteers to go undercover as Jaxon's submissive at Benediction - the private sex club where he is a member - to covertly investigate Alyssa's last few months. For years, Kate has kept her dark fantasies a secret...but a chance to explore them with sexy, dominant Jaxon is just too tempting to pass up.

***Teaser***

"The clawing need to escape strangled her as the ground tilted below her numb feet and her trembling legs buckled.
And then...heat. The comforting, woodsy scent of Christmas morning surrounded her, eased her."

15 comments:

  1. Interesting tease. I haven't read too many erotic suspense themed books.
    Hope you're having a good week. :)

    My Tease @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh very nice tease! Pretty tame for an erotic suspense one! ;)


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that's interesting...Hope you're having a very good time with this one, Brandee :)

    Here's my TT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I wasn't too far into it at the time, Silvia. I really enjoyed this series though. :)

      Delete
  4. Nice teaser, Brandee. I'm curious to see what you think of this one. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea. I know you didn't like this one much - but I actually really enjoyed it!

      Delete
  5. Hmmm... nice to see she relaxes due to that smell!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess this is a weird teaser?!? LOL I wasn't too far into the book at the time. I loved it though!

      Delete
  6. How come she's somewhere like that? You certainly got me interested, Brandee :) I'm too impatient to read this now - I need to know all the episodes are out first ;)
    I hope the kids' first days of school went well! And that you have a little bit more time again :)
    Happy reading, my friend!
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess what?!? ALL the episodes are available, Lexxie! And I loved them! I know one blogger who didn't like it all that much but Braine highly recommended it and I loved every minute!!

      Delete
  7. Very smooth... and intriguing! Seems like a great read, I'm curious now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was soo good, Franny, I had to one-click them all and I binged!! :)

      Delete
  8. Hmmm.... Am I the only one imagining all kinds of scenarios that tease could work with? I'm wondering if it's the erotic or the suspense or the thriller...

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??