Friday, July 11, 2014

**#COYER Reviews ~ Tease & Submit ~ CD Reiss**

CoyerSummerVacation




Tease (Songs of Submission, #2)Tease
Songs of Submission #2
Release Date: February 24, 2013
Genre: Erotic Romance
Source: Purchased 
Rating: 5 Bookworms
Goodreads

Synopsis
When Jonathan was gone I couldn't stop thinking about him, and the first thing he did when he got back was demand more of me. I'm willing to give him my orgasms and my time, but I find myself giving up pieces of my heart.

My career is on track, and even though I can't write a thing, I can sing. So I'll go to the art opening with him, because his ex wife will be there. I feel this need to protect him from hurt, though in bed, his domination brings me to my knees.

This man is going to break me into a million little pieces.



I suppose comparisons could be made between Songs of Submission and other series where you have a damaged, millionaire man meeting a young woman who may or may not lack experience, who then engage in some form of a D/s relationship. I didn't make that connection until halfway through Tease, but still the comparison could be made. What sets Songs of Submission apart from others is Ms. Reiss' writing. The way she uses language to convey this powerful story is amazing. She keeps me riveted, completely wound up in anticipation.

Tease is more a story of sexual awakening. About two people who are unquestionably attracted - drawn - to one another. Two people who have undeniable chemistry and who seem to have something the other needs. 

This installment saw Monica and Jonathan trying to find a way to make the relationship work to the benefit of them both. However, the expectations may prove to be more than Monica can handle. Particularly after meeting Jonathan's ex-wife at the same moment as she experiences a painful move on the part of her ex-boyfriend.

I am indeed anxious to see how these two are going to traverse the rocky road they've set upon.






Submit (Songs of Submission, #3)
Submit
Songs of Submission #3
Release Date: March 17, 2013
Genre: Erotic Romance
Source: Purchased
Rating: 5 Bookworms
Goodreads

Synopsis
"Your mine. The minute I told you to spread your lefts and you did it, you were mine. When I told you to beg for it and you did, you were mine. When you put your hands behind your back without being told, I owned you."

No. God, no.

My name is Monica, and no matter what Jonathan says, I am not submissive.



Submit sees Monica dealing with Jonathan's awakening her submissive tendencies while she also must deal with a possible break as well as a personal tragedy.

Ms. Reiss does an incredible job of imparting Monica's feelings about exploring her relationship with Jonathan - the fear of becoming less somehow. I found it fascinating that Monica was submitting all along but once Jonathan put a name to it, she freaked. I am completely enchanted by these two characters who need one another, are so vulnerable with one another in a way they aren't with anyone else. They are clearly falling for one another.

I feel I must mention, lest you think this serial is only about sex/lust, the supporting cast members - especially Darren - are equally intriguing. We don't see as much of any of them as we do Monica and Jonathan, but their presence adds much in back story and character development.


14 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry I disappeared for a while, I've been through a rough time and needed to take a little break. But I'm back! I've been eyeing this series since you first posted your review of book #1 and I got it free on Amazon, so I'm really glad you've continued and you enjoyed the books so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope everything's okay, Franny. I did miss you and I'm glad you're back. And I hope I DO tempt you into reading CD Reiss. I just adore her writing. :)

      Delete
  2. I've only read two series in this genre, but I quite enjoyed them. I do find that the stories can be very similar though, so I'm glad to hear that Reiss' writing stood out. I'm not a big fan of serials, so I'll probably wait until all of the episodes have been released before adding this one to my pile (unless that's already the case... GR here I come!) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL The Songs of Submission, which includes Tease and Submit, are complete, Carmel. And the first one, Beg, is FREE. Hope I make you a CD Reiss fan! :)

      Delete
  3. Hehe, I see this series really got you, I'm glad! You know I didn't love the first instalment as much as you did, but your enthusiasm for the series really makes me want to keep up with the rest of the books. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Brandee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omigosh, it sooo did, Silvia. I don't want to put it down. And sadly I have to. But I'll be finishing it up as soon as I'm able. :)

      Delete
  4. Oooh.... Brandee.... this serial sounds like one I'd enjoy! I like these broken billionaire stroies. I like seeing who will piece them back together. I will wait and grab the final book I think! Fab reviews!!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naomi, you would LOVE this series!! And I'd love to make you do some one-clicking, so may I remind you that Beg, the first in this series, is FREE. :) You're welcome! *grins*

      Delete
  5. I have these, and I want to read them, but NO TIME. And yes, I know these are short, but still you get to a point where anything is overwhelming if it's not absolutely necessary, and sadly . . . I am there. BUT I'm glad that you loved them, and I will get around to reading them eventually . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand, Jessica. Yes, they are short - but actually, Burn and Control together are like 400 pages! So get to them when you can. They'll still be there. ;)

      Delete
  6. I NEED to read this series. I have them on my kindle. So glad you loved them so much. I know she is a brilliant writer. Gotta part the ocean of books and get to them asap!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you really need to read them, Michelle! But I understand needing to part the ocean. ;)

      Delete
  7. I'm late to the party here, but since I'm nearing the end of book 6, I had to look up your reviews. "Enchanted" is the perfect word. I love Jonathon and Monica. The way CD Reiss draws you into every aspect of their lives, their emotions, and bodies, it's close to prose. I know that sounds flowery, but 6 books of straight up kink would get old (maybe?), and I'm far from bored. I'm addicted! Darren rocks the planet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love everything about the series...but then, you know that. ;)

      Delete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??