Saturday, June 14, 2014

**When Life's Kicking Your Butt, How About a Theme Song ~ June**

**When Life's Kicking Your Butt...How About a Theme Song?**
My pal, Robyn, over at robgirlbooks, issued a challenge for the year. She wants us to come up with a song - one a month - that we turn to when life is getting us down...when we need a pick-me-up...the song we turn to when trying to get motivated for cleaning the house...the song we hear when we need inspiration...well, you get the picture. :) At the end of the year, we'll have quite the playlist for life!

This month, the theme is Summer ~ any song that makes you think of summer. This was an easy choice for me because there is one song that really reminds me of being on my grandparents' farm, chasing fireflies, catching frogs, watching the clouds, climbing trees, and enjoying the wide open space. I happen to have been lucky enough to live close to my grandparents most of my life and so I spent a lot of time with them. But summertime was the best!

Jax and I actually chose the same song this month:




Sky's Choice:





Berk's Choice:



3 comments:

  1. Nice choices! I love to see others' music selections. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I haven't heard any of those songs! If my sister hasn't put it on a mixed CD I'm clueless. Should I complain to her that she needs to broaden her selections? Maybe not. Great picks! I love that you and Jax chose the same song. How fun is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those memories sound wonderful, and I'm glad you have them! :) Summertime reminds me of similar memories I have with my grandparents and thunderstorms and lightning bugs. Summer is awesome. I love Death Cab! Great choices!

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??