Saturday, June 28, 2014

**Sidekick Showcase ~ #48 ~ I'll Drive, Thanks**



Sidekick Showcase (previously known as Sidekick Saturday) is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jaclyn at JC's Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn't have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fits in this week's type

• Share a picture (if possible) and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don't include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• Put your link in the Linky thing and comment


**********************************

June's theme ~ In honor of LGBT Pride Month, we can celebrate those characters that we love. Also, in honor of Father's Day we can pick dads or characters we think would make good fathers. Also, since summer trips start in June, we can pay tribute to characters we'd hate to travel with or just remind us of summer trips from one reason or another. 

I'm totally cheating this week and choosing TWO sidekicks. They do come from the same books though. :) 
My my picks this week:
Noah & Zane
from Jill Myles' Succubus Diaries Series

I've talked about this series before but I just had to choose these two guys. Noah is an angel and is only awake during the daylight hours. Zane is a vampire and is only awake at night.  And this is the ONLY reason I'd never want to take a trip with them...when the time hits, they're both out cold...dead to the world. That would be mighty dangerous if either of them were behind the wheel. If they were in charge of the music, it'd suck if they were suddenly snoozing. And you know, I like to chat on long drives but I prefer a two-way conversation which doesn't work if you traveling companion is snoring. Of course, if I had them both in the car, there wouldn't be an issue - at least where the sleeping is concerned. However, if they were both in the car, there's no telling what kinds of violence could erupt. ;) 

This quote features Zane and Jackie. This series is just pure fun! Enjoy!

***

"You use me," I said, sliding my hand down his chest, "and I'll use you." His hips fit just right under my own, rubbing against the juncture of my thighs in the most sinful way.

His teeth broke the skin of my wrist, and he was unable to hold back any longer. I felt a soft, gentle pull as he sucked on my skin. Desire flared through me white-hot, and I moaned and rubbed my hips against his harder. His tongue moved against my wrist, and just the barest of sensations drove me wild.

"Zane," I begged, "I want you."

No response.

"I need you," I pleaded.

Still no response.

I pulled my wrist away and leaned in for a fierce kiss.

And a gentle snore came from his lips.

"What the---" I shook Zane slightly, in total disbelief that he'd fall asleep at such a crucial moment. As anger cleared my fog of passion, I realized that sunlight was streaming through the panes.

"Goddamn it! This no-daylight shit is pissing me off."

7 comments:

  1. I don't know this series or author. I just went and had a little lookie on Goodreads. These guys sound like fun side kicks. I am a fan of side kicks. Great posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that is such a great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea. These two guys - tough choice on which one I love more!

      Delete
  3. You have talked about this series before because I was about to add it on Goodreads and what do you know, it's already on my TBR list! Sounds like a lot of fun and I cracked up at the image of you chatting away in a car with supes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL This is a series that I enjoyed a lot, Robyn. It has fun characters and it's just...well, fun. And as you've now been my car companion, you KNOW I like to chat! ;) Of course, if I had Zane and Noah in the car, I'd probably be too busy drooling to talk. *ha*

      Delete
  4. Oh my,...most hilarious quote ever! I couldn't imagine riding in the car with them either. Could you even imagine just passing out like that?? Crazy! I bet that really makes the characters interesting. Great choice! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??